Creston PTA hosts a variety of fun events and committees but need your help to keep them going! Whether you have a lot of time or only one hour, please look through the list below and click on the “Volunteer” button to sign up in MemberHub. If you are unsure of what to sign up for, just let us know you’d like to help and our volunteer coordinator can contact you. Thank you in advance for your consideration and participation!
- Art Masterpiece – Bring art lessons to all the classes by planning and working with other parents.
- Blessings in a Backpack – Help assemble backpacks filled with supplemental weekend groceries for families in need. Commitment level is 1 hour/week.
- BottleDrop Donation Program – Help bring bags of cans to the donation site. This is the perfect role for someone with a truck.
- Carnival – Each Fall, Creston PTA hosts a Carnival – an evening of fun and family engagement. Volunteer to join the planning committee or help run a booth for the event!
- Creston Run for the Eagles – Help plan and/or volunteer to track laps and collect pledge forms at this fundraising event.
- Creston Run Club – The Run Club is a fun way for Creston families to stay healthy together. Coordinate prizes when goals are met and work to track progress of our runners.
- Food Drive – Collect cans from classrooms and sort for distribution. Tally counts for the class contest. Commitment lasts a few weeks for about 1 hour/week.
- Little Library Auction – Students and Portland artists create fabulous little libraries that are auctioned off to raise money. Various roles include assistance with building libraries, event planning, procuring donations, promoting the event in our community and setting up or assisting the night of the event. (Time commitment depends on role).
- Multi-Cultural Night – Assist in various ways with this community event to celebrate and honor the traditions we all bring to Creston.
- STEAM Night – Help plan and/or support the night of this event of science, technology, engineering, art and math.
- Middle School Committee – Help plan and participate in events specifically for middle school students
- Staff Appreciation – Our teachers and staff do so much to enhance your student’s learning. Donate back by giving your time toward various appreciation programs throughout the year, including Staff Appreciation Week.
- Sustainability Committee – Help keep Creston green! This group is in charge of all our school gardens and other sustainability projects.
- Lecture Series – Help plan, organize and execute our new series of speakers and discussion in our community. Lectures take place after the business of each general meeting (past lectures have included parenting .
PORTLAND PUBLIC SCHOOLS REQUIRES ANYONE WHO WISHES TO VOLUNTEER IN THE CLASSROOM OR ON FIELD TRIPS TO COMPLETE A BACKGROUND CHECK.
If you are looking to volunteer in the classroom or on field trips, fill out a volunteer background check with PPS by clicking the “PPS Volunteer” form below.
Forms must be updated with the District every 3 years.