With art cut from schools, Creston PTA sought a way to include art education through parent-led classroom enhancements for K-5 students. Art is an integral part of life and can help students better understand the world around them. Parent guides lead classes through a lesson on a particular artist and style followed by hands-on art projects where students apply techniques.
Art enriches student’s lives by:
- Teaching self-discipline and enhancing motor skills
- Promoting cognitive & creative thinking skills
- Helps develop problem-solving skills
- Strengthens self-esteem and self-confidence
- Encourages individuality
- Improves overall academic performance